Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Music: Pitch Perfect

 
 
Pitch Perfect is one of my favorites for so many reasons. To start, I love movies that are like musicals. It makes it so much more fun and really gets me into the scenes. This movie in particular includes a lot of songs that I knew prior to the movie so I was that much more engaged when I watched. When I bought this movie on dvd, I watched this scene 11 times in a row because I enjoyed it THAT much. I love this scene because Beca sings a song that is really meaningful to Jesse (her crush). She includes the song that is at the end of The Breakfast Club and that is the movie that Jesse tried to get her to watch but she thought it was stupid. Once Jesse heard Beca singing this song at the competition, he knew that she watched the movie and that really meant a lot to him. He raised his arm in the air while in the audience and that made the movie come full circle. At that point, you knew that Beca and Jesse were together. I always love a little love story in a movie as well. Overall, I think this performance in the movie is incredible. I think it's awesome that it involves so many different songs and so many different types of music as well. 

1 comment:

  1. This movie's use of music is very fun! Did you like the sequel? Mimi

    ReplyDelete